Summary: Sporting a glowing and radiant skin is no more a difficult task. With yoga one can easily have the skin they have always dreamed of. Read the blog and know five wonderful yoga poses for glowing and healthy looking skin.
Rightly said, that beautiful flawless skin requires a commitment, not a miracle. We all spend a lot of money and time for acquiring a perfect looking radiant skin with our regular visit to the beauty salon and buying skin products. But have you ever got the lasting result, no, right? The products and treatments assure glow but an interim one. For the persistent result turn to the age-old apparatus called Yoga, for an indefinite glow, radiant and healthy skin.
With yoga, sporting a flawless glowing skin is a quite simple task and no more a far-fetched dream. The practice of yoga improves blood circulation that is essential for the skin and also feed it with the required nutrients and flushing the toxins out of the body. With few simple yoga poses attain luminous skin and get rid of skin health issues, problems and lifestyle or environment-related skin allergies and diseases.
So, here are the five wonderful yoga poses for glowing skin, and practicing them daily and regularly which will surely do wonders.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing-Dog Pose)
The downward facing Mudras improve circulation that reduces dullness, clears acne and imparts a youthful glow. The asana makes you feel rejuvenated, cures digestive issues, reduces stress hence brings natural radiance to the skin.
- Begin with being on your four in a way to form a take-like structure from your body.
- Breathe out and gently lift your hips up keeping the elbows and knees straight.
- This way your body forms an inverted ‘V’ shape.
- Now align your hands with shoulders and your feet with hips, keeping the toes pointed outward.
- Now lengthen the neck while pressing hands on the ground, ensure that ears touch the inner arms and turn your gaze towards the navel.
- Stay in the pose for 30-40 seconds, and then bend the knees and return to the starting pose.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujangasana is a relaxing pose that reduces stress, fatigue, and tension and helps to rejuvenate the skin. The pose supplies extra oxygen to the skin cells which helps to flush the toxins out of the body and bring natural radiance and glow.
- Lie flat on your stomach on the floor with hands beside the body and legs kept together with toes touching each other.
- Now slide your hands forward up to the shoulder level with the palms on the floor.
- Now transfer the body weight on your hands and arms and then breathe in and raise your head and torso.
- Maintain the pose for 30-40 seconds while breathing normally.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
It is essential to have a healthy and strong digestive system in order to attain and maintain glowing skin. Dhanurasana is an amazing pose and supplies oxygen to the entire body that instantly revitalizes the skin. The pose helps in getting rid of fine lines, blemishes and release harmful radicals from the body.
- Lie flat on your stomach on the floor with hands beside the body and feet hip-width apart.
- Now fold the knees backward gently and slowly, and then hold the ankle with your hands.
- Breathe in, and lift your chest and legs off the ground, and then slightly pull them backward.
- Look straight and hold the pose for 30 seconds while breathing long and deep.
Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)
Beside its multiple body and mind benefits, Sarvangasana is also known for its skin, hair and beauty benefits. The asana helps in removing toxins and waste out from the body hence preventing diseases related to skin. With regular and daily practice prevent wrinkles, pimples, delay aging and other facial problems.
- Lie flat on the floor on your back with legs kept together and arms resting beside the body.
- Gently lift the legs, buttock and back upward with the support of elbow and shoulders.
- Place the hands on the back for the support, and once you settle in the pose move the elbows close to each other.
- Now straighten your spine and legs and ensure that body weight is shifted to upper arms and shoulders.
- Make sure not to put a strain on your neck and head, and stay in the pose for 30 seconds.
Halasana (Plow Pose)
Enhance blood circulation to your face and skin bestowing the ultimate glow and natural radiance. Halasana reduces blemishes and dry skin. The pose improves digestion, cleanse the body, elevate toxins and these things clearly reflect on the skin preventing dullness and acne.
- Lie down on the floor on your back with arms beside the body, palms facing downwards, and legs together.
- Breathe in and lift your feet off the ground with the help of abdominal muscles, and place the legs at the 90-Degree angle.
- With hands, support the hips and lift them off the floor and then bring the legs and feet at a 180-Degree angle over and beyond the head.
- Your back should be perpendicular to the ground, hold the pose for a while, breathe out and slowly bring the legs down.
Yoga is for all, once you start practicing it, you notice the beauty inside out and the benefits of these asanas surely reflect upon the skin.
Author Bio : Bipin Baloni is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveller in India. He provides 200-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, health, nature and the Himalayas.